Lunch Money

11/08/2003

Dos Guys

For those of you who still remember some of your High School Spanish 101, dos guys loosely translated means two guys. I t was the name of a two person motorcycle club that a couple of old friends of mine started years ago. They both had purchased motorcycles (Harley Sportsters I think). They formed the club, had jackets made and of course limited membership to the two of them. I would see them all over town, just the two of them, with jackets and bikes having a great time together. What fun!

I just spent over a week with my daughters' (aka webmonkey) Australian boyfriend (aka significant other). He was in the States on Unversity business and arranged his schedule to spend time with me.

Why is it people always seem to wait for company to arrive in order to take advantage of the fun things to do around there home town? My sister lives just south of San Francisco and often remarked she hardly ever went into the city until I came to visit. I guess we all just get caught up in our day to day routines and forget how to play in our own back yards. Adam and I played well together in my back yard. We enjoyed the Experience Music Project in Seattle, bike rides around Bellingham harbor, and the funky and fun Bellingham radio museum. It was good to have someone to kick around with or just hang out with. It was just as great to play some cards (he thoroughly thrashed me) or share a video and discuss it afterwards. It's been a while since I've been able to do that and for sure I need to do it more often. I think we kinda became dos guys. What fun!

Thanks Adam